What is Composite Decking?
Composite decking, a flooring choice that is becoming more and more popular by the day, is made using a combination of materials including both hardwood and synthetic materials. This new and innovative flooring choice is beneficial for many reasons – It looks much more authentic than plastic decking however requires far less maintenance than normal wood decking, providing the best of both worlds. Almost maintenance free yet boasting the natural beauty and charm of traditional wood decking, it really is not surprising that composite decking is increasing tenfold in popularity.
The Benefits of Composite Decking
Composite decking is highly beneficial for many reasons, offering a number of advantages including but not limited to the following:
- Composite decking boards unlike traditional wooden decking boards don’t have to be sealed, stained or painted
- Composite decking is compared to many other outdoor flooring types incredibly slip-resistant
- When choosing composite decking people do not have to worry about cracks or splinters
- Composite decking is great for sunny areas as it does not warp or fade in the sun
- Unlike plastic decking composite decking is not susceptible to bowing or cracking
- Choosing composite decking can work to save people considerable amounts of money over time as it is unlikely to need repairing and can last much longer than all other decking options
Design Board – A Fabulous Composite Decking Option
Of course when it comes to composite decking there are many companies claiming to offer the best of the best, however one composite decking brand in which stands heads and shoulders above the rest is DesignBoard.
DesignBoard offers three main advantages, these are:
- Easy installation – DesignBoard is quick and easy to install. Using hidden stainless steel fastening clips DesignBoard is easy to install and easy to make look uniform, with all boards having a 4mm gap in-between them. This looks neat and contemporary and is a highly sought after look.
- Eco-friendliness – DesignBoard is incredibly eco-friendly and sustainable – which is a key requirement for modern landscape specialists.DesignBoard is made from 100% recyclable materials including natural fibre, rice husk and products of grain production.
- Bespoke colours – One of the greatest things about DesignBoard composite decking, which makes it more popular than other composite decking options, is the wide range of colours that it is available it. Not only is DesignBoard available in a selection of truly fantastic colours, but it can even be supplied in custom colours, providing all with the exact colours and finishes that they are searching for.