It really does seem at times like trends actually do come and then go around again, and expertly fitted carpets are yet again making themselves appear in so many homes in Perth! But what exactly is it about fitted carpets that makes them stand out from the others? Let’s find out, shall we?
What are known as fitted carpets, are ones that are fixed down onto floors of a room and gets used in many places like homes, offices and a large number of public places. Coming to us in a wide range of cuts and designs, and can be fitted in various ways. And after being fitted, these carpets will then provide any area covered with them, perfect stability, comfort and more than ideal looks.
What are the Benefits?
- Extremely comfortable when people walk over them
- Help to keep any room warm and help in reducing heating bills
- An amazing reduction in noise pollution
- And finally, to get the very best in fitted carpets, you should check out well-established flooring stores in Perth, with the experience and a long history in the business of carpeting.
- The size and shape of the carpet will depend on the dimensions of the place where it will be laid
- This is what is known as “wall-to-wall carpeting”
- Different sorts of fitted carpets is used for carpeting for specific reasons, as in plush red carpeting in a cinema, or the like which you see in a hotel lobby
- As you may have already noticed, in some locations, the carpeting doesn’t always cover an entire area.
Underlay’s Vital Job
- Perfectly fitted wall-to-wall carpets need an underlay, and this is especially the case when a carpet is being placed over a wooden floor.
- All floors must be spotless before the underlay or carpet is fitted.
- Then grippers or tack strips are hammered in around the sides of the room’s floor.
- Carpet tack strips are rectangular in shape containing tacks,which get attached to the carpet and underlay which is put on them.
- The underlay isinstalled into the space where the carpet will be laid.
- The underlays are professionally cut to size and placed together by using strong carpeting tape and then the carpet is unrolled and trimmed to make a perfect fit.
- Where two rolls of carpet happen to meet, carpet tape is applied to the full length of the underside of both panels,to join them perfectly together.
- These seams and joins are typically put into areas of the least amount of pedestrian traffic.
Secure for any Home or Offices
- A fitted carpet makes it much safer because of a big reduction in carpet movement over where it is fitted.
- Unfitted carpets, are typically unstable, which means that anyone walking over it may fall, due to the carpet sliding.
- Loose carpets can get rucked and form ridgeswhich may then trip people up.
No wonder they’re coming back in style again!